The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 31–*OUR* future sailing boat…

So I have noticed that my husband so gracefully referred to the boat we will get in the future as *his*. I would like to make a clarification of this. It will be *ours*. Smile 

On that note, I am just as excited as he is for the boat! We will take sailing lessons as soon as we move to Shetland and build up our skills as much as possible. I would LOVE one day to sail to the Azores or any crazy far away destinations just like Will’s dad, Jim, and Becky do. Even just to go on trips around the Scottish islands would be amazing!

A huge fear Will had last year on my first trip to Scotland was if I would have seasickness. Well luckily, I don’t! We learned this while on a 30 hour ferry ride in the North Sea during a galeforce storm in 10 metre waves! Ya I think me surviving that means I can handle being on a boat!! Not only did I not get sick on the ferry I was also having fun walking back and forth and jumping in the boat as it crashed into the waves.

So yes this is my simple post for today….just a little clarification. One day we hope to write our blog from OUR very own sailboat docked in some crazy harbour in a remote part on a tiny island!

- Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Dear Will & Michelle,
    Yesterday I returned from the Azores where I spent time re-visiting places where Jim & I sailed in 2011. It was a trip down happy memory lane. Today, I re-read your blog which has sharpened old memories of our time together in Shetland. Wherever you are now, whatever you are doing, I hope you are likewise holding on to the memories of those lovely moments we spent with your dad. Love Beckyx

    ReplyDelete