The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Day 24–PhotoBook gift

I am so excited because in less that three weeks, we are leaving for Scotland for our vacation! YAY!  We are going to London first for a few days to see my uncle and his family and then up to Shetland. I think this I said in an earlier post but I love to say it again. 
When we went last year, my father and his wife, Becky, did so much for Michelle and I. They did way more that I expected or could have imagined. Words cannot explain how grateful we are for all they did. How on earth do you say thank you? Its not as though they did what they did for some reciprocated action. Which is great because they are already married! Ha! They don't expect anything in return except for us to be happy. My father, in part of his speech at our wedding, asked Michelle and I to do something as special for someone we don't know one day as so many "strangers" to us a year ago in Shetland. They treated us like family and all did so much when none of them had even ever met us! You just don't get that here in Toronto. Just such a different lifestyle, different types of people. 
Well, one cool thing we did do what make a book of selected photos from our trip called PhotoBook. We downloaded a program into our computer that allows us to add and manipulate pictures into a virtual book. We can add effects, text, ect and then send it to a company that professionally prints and binds our collection. Its pretty cool and we have made one for my father and Becky. I just hope its ready in time! Fingers crossed. 
Here are a few pages from the book....


























Ya, that is Michael Palin. Pretty cool trip!


- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment