The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 17–Small things in life..

So anyone that has taken the time to get to know me in life knows I am amused by the little things. Will says I am like a goldfish in terms of how long my attention span is. “OOO shinny object” is his favourite thing to say to me when I can’t concentrate.
So naturally there are A LOT of little things about Shetland that make me so happy…
  • I suffer from excema almost all year on my face but in the two weeks we spent in Lerwick the sea air seemed to fix it for me
  • I have crazy and thick curly hair that no product on a drug store shelf will tame. Surprise, surprise…the sea air lets it dry so gorgeous and curly!
  • Shops seem to all close around dinner time (6pm) and don’t open at all on Sundays. People don’t work around the clock at four jobs to keep up with the rat race like in Toronto.
  • Dolphins are sometimes spotted from the shore!
  • The Northern Lights can be seen on nights of perfect weather conditions
  • I am a friendly person and I love that people are so easy to talk to and seem to be so open and easy to get along with. Case in point, our wedding. Our wedding day guests were mostly people we had met that day! About an hour into our wedding reception we were all talking and having fun as if we were lifelong friends!
I am sure there are more that I can’t…*OOOOO SHINY OBJECT*
IMG_4437

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment