The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Sunday 28 August 2011

Day 28–Audience

This is cool. Really cool. Extremely cool. Well at least a novice blogger like me thinks so. I know so little about the blogging world and I basically just jumped face first into it, typing away about whatever crap fills my little head so long as it was along the path of getting to Shetland. And I do know that some of it is crap, boring crap, smelly even and to those who agree with me, I do apologize. A millions question started to emerge when I started this such as Would I really be able to keep this up day after day after day? or Who the hell would really read this other than my wife and I many, many years from now with glasses of scotch in our hands both laughing and being red from embarrassment at what we wrote. Ok, I said a million, but those two are the only ones I can think of right now. But you get the idea. Our main purpose was to simply create a sort of chronological history of our thoughts as we entertained such a ridiculous idea as uprooting and moving to a place we had both only ever been to once. One day I think it would be a really great idea to print this and make a book and I’m sure it would make a really BIG book when its all said and done.

So today I was screwing around on the blogger site I am on and stumbled across something called “stats”. Hmmmm, I thought to myself. Perhaps this is if I want to get somewhere quicker….you know….”go to this page, click me stat!”. But no! I was mislead! It brought me to a magical place of viewer information, where not only could I see how many people had visited our blog but from where. That in itself was pretty cool but when I started looking closer I realized something a little cool and scary at the same time. Firstly, 369 people have viewed our little blog. And that’s just in Canada! 9 people in the USA, 3 in Germany, and 1 in the Netherlands!!!! Like I said, for a novice blogger like me, I think that’s pretty cool. This is especially exciting because we have really told no one about even our intent to move to Scotland let alone tell them about our blog.

So I will end today’s note by saying one thing and that is “Thank You!” Thank you for putting up with my silly humour and silly rants. Thank you even more for putting up with my wife’s! HA! Join us if you like. Comments would be fantastic and very welcome (just remember that this is a family blog!). I would love to hear about others out there who are contemplating something as crazy as what we are contemplating. It is said that misery loves company, well so does crazy! Either let us know we are not crazy or join us in our craziness!!

And for those of you don’t like our blog, I say, with respect, the following:

IMG_4274

- Will

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is a picture of you at work in the hardware department - the only thing I don't understand is: where did you get the iced tea? Do you guys hide a stash down there somewhere at the paint desk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am a man and that is a beer lol. Secondly, I don't pick my nose at work; only on vacation do I do that! Thirdly I only drink alcohol at work, not iced tea. :)

    ReplyDelete