The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Monday 15 August 2011

Day 15–Breaking the News…

So we have mentioned before breaking the news to my family. I have thought about doing it in a year or two when things are finalised and a lot more “on paper”. I was all serious that I wouldn’t say a thing and would keep it from people close to me because I didn’t want to (translate: am scared to) hear their reactions, objections and concerns before things are final.
Well considering in the last week I have almost blown it twice talking to my Grandma I think the day of telling my family will have to be soon. Whether it is telling my Grandma that we spent the weekend purging things before we move or just mentioning that I can’t wait to see Scotland this trip as our new home, it has come way too close to telling her what is happening. So we have decided that around Christmas time this year we will be telling my family. I hope that after the initial reactions wear off they will share in my excitement and back me up on my days of unsure feelings.
Even my aunt as a real estate agent will start asking soon if we are thinking about buying a house and I don’t know how long I can push that conversation off without the situation turning very awkward. Also she has been asking me about going back to school and again I don’t know how long I can stall on that conversation.
Either way, if this comes out in daily conversation before we can bring it up in a proper way I know I will be in big big trouble…
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment