The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Day 2 - Am I even a citizen?

Well the reality is that we still have two years for things to go one way or another. There are so many things that are going to work in our favour with respect to this move and there are both things I can think of and those that I cannot that may hinder it. Either way we are so far away that we are just enjoying the dreaming stages. One rather silly example is the fact that I am not even 100% certain that I am even a British citizen. That may indeed be one monstrous road block! The fact that I lived in Scotland and England for one year each when I was 9 and 11 seems a pretty good indicator that I am. From all the research I have done, there was no way I could have lived there at that age without this citizenship. There may be a few conversations with dad with a bottle of good Scottish, well, scotch under our gullets when we go see him this September. Cross fingers, toes and whatever else you can cross (above the kilt, please!).
SO! One dream we have is to get a Shetland Pony. Yes, a Shetland Pony. I want to call it Baloney (you know, my little pony, is full of Baloney), Michelle wants something like Orbit. This may indeed to be one of the largest hurdles we are going to face with this potential move. I fear for our marriage (kidding)!
Below is one little Baloney that we met while in Shetland last September. This is between Scalloway (pronounced Skalowa) and Lerwick.
3626 Shetland Ponies on West Burra

- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment