The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Saturday 27 August 2011

Day 27–AAAAACHOO!!

So as I sit here on our balcony congested, sneezing and with itchy, sore eyes I smile knowing that my allergy will not be an issue in Shetland!

I have the very common seasonal allergy to ragweed. It flares up usually in beginning to mid-August and stays active until the middle of October. Usually once the first couple nights of deep frost hit the allergy subsides for another year. Those two months however are filled with days of painfully sore eyes and sinuses that could explode. Last year when travelling for the first time to Scotland in prime allergy season here in Toronto, I realised that my allergy literally does not exist in Shetland! No one knew what I was talking about if I brought up ragweed! BLISS!!! I can not wait for the days of never dealing with this again!

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment