The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Sunday 7 August 2011

Day 7 - Pictures of Lerwick

So we have made it a week so far with our blog, not sure if we have any readers but that’s ok, we are just starting out. I was going to write out a post today but after having a fairly rough day medically (Will was ready to bring me into emerg at 6am but lots of tea and rest and I feel a lot more human tonight thankfully). I have decided to post my favourite pictures of Lerwick from our previous trip, as it takes my mind off of feeling sick and brings me to one of my favourite places in the world!
3329 Commerce Street in Lerwick
The more residential side of Commercial Street in Lerwick.
3337 Michelle on the Beach in Lerwick
Picking seashells at the tiny beach just off Commercial Street. Not something you would think someone would do in Scotland now is it??
3494 Rona on Victoria Pier
An absolutely gorgeous morning (in fact we only had two days of rain our entire trip and the rest of the days were pure blue sky) with Rona in the Victoria Harbour.
IMG_0007
An oil rig supply ship, this picture doesn’t do it justice it was several football fields long for sure. And….
IMG_0006
….if you look closely it flies both the Scottish AND Canadian flags!! It is a boat of all Newfoundlanders and when we went up to talk to the guys on the ship they shouted for the others onboard that there were “Canadians on the pier!!” Had a great conversation with them. Smile
3313
….a bird butt. Not sure how this got on here but I guess I will just leave it….
- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment