The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Sunday 11 September 2011

Day 42–four Days until we fly!!

And there is a small part of me that is a tad nervous. Today marks the tenth year anniversary of the twin towers attack in New York and we fly in four days! The actual event ten years ago has been permanently turned into one of those “Where were you when…” stories and I have heard some interesting ones. Although the story of where I was when it all went down (poor choice of words I suppose) isn’t all that interesting (waking up and making coffee in my apartment), where I was six hours before I think was; I was on a plane coming back from Cuba. I could still smell the recirculated air and I still had the taste of cheap airline food in my mouth when I turned on the TV to those horrific images. Very surreal.

Security is probably going to be the most fun at the airport. I am sure its going to be a little tighter than it was even last year. I was stunned when Michelle and I went through security and the man in front of us was allowed to go through with climbing equipment in his carry-on which included spikes and a pick-axe! And here I was worried about my good pen thinking that they might construe it as a weapon! We plan on being at the airport 3 1/2 to 4 hours early just to be sure. I am going to assume that security will be slow.

Michelle in Pearson

Smiling at Pearson

Will and Michelle at Pearson

2615 - Will and Michelle waiting to board

That will be us in a couple of days, off to see our new future home. I think I may wear my grumpy shirt again. Or maybe not. Oh, I don’t know. You will just have to wait and see. The excitement of it all.

- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment