The Yacht Rona

The Yacht Rona
Rona

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Day 38–Eight Days!!

To follow suit with Michelle’s previous post, EIGHT DAYS until we take off. I have people telling me to “take off” all the time (or variations of that such as f*** off, that sort of thing), but this time its all for real. To say we are 'excited' is an unfair understatement and am running the huge risk of using the, in this case, massively euphemistic said word. Not only are we going back to see my father and his wife, we are going to check out new future home! THAT is exciting!!
I’m sure Michelle and I will highlight some of the things we did last year while we were there and while we are there we will talk about all the new adventures we will embark upon. Even though we are going to the same place at the same time of year and staying on the same yacht with the same people, we are probably going to have a completely different experience. To say the wedding wasn’t the highlight of our last trip would not only be a lie but would probably eject me from my marriage prematurely; and no one likes anything ejecting prematurely! But there were so many other amazing things that we did and that happened, the wedding was on the top of our ‘amazing’ list but not by much!
I think that two of the funniest things for me were completely unrelated incidences that I soon tried to connect in an attempt to deflect blame, but that ultimately failed miserably; apparently these family members of mine are just not a gullible as I had hoped.
Incident the first (Packing):
At the time of preparing for this trip nearly a year ago, I had overlook, misread, or simply scoffed at and disregarded a rather vital part of my father’s email to us. In this email he described the inside of the boat as big enough to support four people comfortably but as space is an important and valuable thing, he warned both Michelle and I that we should pack appropriately; pack only what we need keeping in mind the physical limitations of the boat. He assumed, and rightly so, that as I had been on his yacht a number of times in the past that this warning was not a necessary thing to issue to me but he thought that he should err on the side of caution and issue the warning anyway. I will use the excuse that we did have a wedding to pack for which does take up a fair amount of luggage space, but that really held no water whatsoever. As the saying goes, A picture says a thousand words, I will let the following explain my father’s reaction to our packing prowess:
R0028217
R0028218
R0028216
R0028219
R0028221
And I’m sorry to say that what you see above was not all our bags. Moving on…
And then of course I responded in a mature fashion:
3683 Meal Beach

Incident the second (Bob):
Michelle and I thought that we had travelled to Scotland alone. We took great pains to ensure that we had not feline stowaways in our bags. Our efforts inevitably failed us miserably but to my great delight I now had someone to, ahem, ‘pin’ (you should get the pun soon) the whole packing fiasco on. I went onto great lengths explaining how our packing a tad heavy was all Bob’s fault. I really didn’t think he would go for it but then! The unthinkable happened! One day, Michelle and I went our for one of our little strolls through Lerwick and we returned to a gory scene inside the boat. I don’t know how the pier wasn’t teeming with Bobbies (Bahahahah – no pun intended actually! Bobbies is the British slang word for police officer. Hee Hee, Bobbies investigating the death of….). Bob was brutally and horrifically murdered!! I am not sure what took his life, the hanging of the knife in the chest, but either way, Bob is no longer with us! *sigh*
R0028236
Ok, well Bob is really in fact fine, despite the obvious identity issues: Is he a bunny or a bear? My father still blames me for the horrendous packing but this time I shall show him that is young man is still able to learn!
This time we are armed with knapsacks!
Shall Bob return to the horrific crime scene?
Stay tuned!
Dun, dun, dun!
- Will

No comments:

Post a Comment